Friday, May 11, 2007

looking back

looking back at 6x1 there are some things that i loved and some things that I didn't care for so much. I really enjoyed all of the stuff that we did with film but we could have maybe gone digital a project sooner. I am sure many of my classmates might disagree but I started getting headaches being in the dark every class for a month straight. Maybe it would be cool if there was a way to go back and fourth from digital to film.

I think that film is still very relavant as an art that is being shown in museums but is quickily moving away when it comes to making movies. I think it is very important for students to be comfortable working with digiatl because when they are looking for there first job it will most likely be with digital cameras or digital editing. I think in almost every productio now computers are being used on some level.

Some of my favorite things from the semester were watching the yes men. That film made me laugh really hard. I also like the segment that was done on culture jamming. there are tons of good examples of culture jamming in Adbusters. After you talked about it i went back and looked through some old adbusters that i have saves for things like collage and such. I say a picture of a really fat man on the beach eating a hamburger (it was ripping off mcdonalds) and the tag line at the bottom was "There's a little M in everyone." I thought that was funny.

No comments: