Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Found Footage Evaluation (Project 6)

Digital Editing is one of my favorite things to do. I love the creative freedom that the editor has and the enormous possibilities that exist. Also with Final cut trial and error is so simple. I did my project to the radiohead song from ok computer entitled "fitter happier" i remixed it using soundtrack to give it some aggressive beats to edit to. The cocept behind this short was to make a spin off of the modern era. The song talks about this and mocks modern civilization but the images give the piece new meaning. The footage on its own has no meaning in itself but put with the song and juxtaposed over the other images a new meaning is formed. This is kind of a spin on the Kuleshov effect. The idea is that when images are put together with different music or soundtracks a different mood is created. The one regret I had on this project was that due to time constraints I couldn't edit it as much as I liked. And I also couldn't finish through th whole song. The cut that was shown was a little over a minute long. And the song is about two minutes. Because I enjoyed doing this project so much though I plan on re-editing it and finishing it the way that I would have liked to.

No comments: