Friday, May 11, 2007

6x1

This is going to be my last post of the semester. I just wanted to say a few last things. My favorite project was the rythmic editing assignment. I completely agree with the TS Elliott quote. True creativity sparks within confinements. And I think stricter guidelines need to be given to more projects because when working in the industry that is how projects will be. Even if you are in business for yourself doing commericials. The only exception I can think of is if you are just doing museum exhibits. But when working on a set there are lists of shots to get and strict confines but that doesn't mean that there can be no creativity. Learning to be creative within guideline is a gift but it can also be learned. There are ways to twist rules and not break them that can work some times. When editing my rythmic assignment i need to have a 15 frame shot but instead i cut the screen up into threes and still showed the same shot but they were on three seperate frames all being shown at the same time except they were 5 frames apart. So they would come on sequentially. I really like the rythmic editing and the collgae because they allowed me to be really choppy and use a lot of filters. I love fast paced cutting. My collage is still a project that I am planning to finish one day.Hopefully over the summer. Because there were alot of things that I wished I could do to that project. I'll let you know when I finish it so you can see it.

I alos wanted to comment one how much I love doing magazine transfers onto film and onto random stuff as well. I to some packaging tape that i had done and put it on a white set of drawers that I have and it looks prety sweet.

No comments: